The peak production season for most can be silly season with the immense pressures to deliver on time and in full.
To equip and empower Cape Clothing and Textile Cluster (CCTC) employees to easily identify waste and effectively improve process in preparation for peak season, we piloted the first ever two-day CCTC Team Leader Development Programme (TLDP) Blitz in November 2022.
The Blitz training provided CCTC companies with an opportunity for employees to practically understand the fundamentals of lean manufacturing with the goal of inspiring them to enjoy their jobs by empowering them to identify and solve problems with the 8 wastes and 6S.
The two-day training yielded 35 CCTC learners who were successfully empowered from PepClo, Freudenberg, Ciovita, Gencon, Alligator, Sheraton and Cotton Traders to drive continuous improvement in their firms through implementing the principles of lean.
- 100% of the attendees reported that they felt empowered with knowledge and skills to implement changes for the better in their company.
- 100% of attendees reported being confident that they can now identify problems and solutions better in their work.
- 100% of attendees would recommend this to their colleagues.
- Learners conducted a waste walk are able to identify waste in a factory and provide possible solutions.
- Learners conducted a 6s audit which entailed identifying non-compliant areas and suggesting actions to ensure compliance.